Skip to main content

Family Prepping

I have been feeling a pull on my heart that our next child is going to be arriving sooner than we had planned. With my baby girl, I knew in my soul that I was getting pregnant within the upcoming 2 months—and sure enough, as the second month came, I became pregnant with her. I also knew in my soul that she was going to be born at the end of May, even though she was due in June. And so, I know to trust my intuition when it comes to my children's timing. So, according to my sense, I will be becoming pregnant again in the next year. Which is so exciting, but also terrifying! My next child has also picked their name already—but I don't plan to share it publicly for their privacy and will be picking a pseudonym for them when they come.

    We had planned to wait until our baby was at least 15 months old to start trying for our second. However, even if we try to aim for that, I feel in my bones that our next baby will be coming much sooner. So 2 under 2 is going to be something I need to learn to adjust to! I am so excited for my family to continue growing—I want 4 or 5 children ultimately—but I am also nervous about how hard my pregnancy could be if it's anything like the last one. I want to prepare better, but I'm not sure exactly what needs to happen for that and I don't know how long I have to prepare. I know I need to increase my iron and folate stores, get stronger, and eat better, but beyond that, I don't know how to ready myself.

    The idea of having such a difficult pregnancy while also taking care of my young baby girl still is nerve-wracking, but I know God will fill the gaps where I fall short. Praise Him for my motherhood, my babies, and my incredible husband! And praise Him for all the support He's given me and will continue to provide. I know that everything would be that much harder without Him. And because I know He provides for His children, it will all turn out okay. The love I have to give will increase and the time will stretch as I need according to my faithfulness and consistency. I hope that I'm able to raise my children with such confidence in the Lord! Even when it's scary, I can rely on the comfort of knowing the Lord has a plan and will make a way. 

    And I will use this opportunity to ask you all what you suggest I do or look into to prepare for my growing family! How do you physically and mentally prepare for that shift? I appreciate any suggestions!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Birth Story

Birth was one of the most fascinating experiences. I remember most of it, but as my husband could tell you, I was definitely delirious at some points and I don't remember much of the conversations I had then.        It was very fast. From the time my contractions started (that I was aware of) to the time my baby was born was a span of only 6 hours! I labored for 4 hours and pushed for 2 hours. It all happened so rapidly!       3 nights before my scheduled c-section,  I felt that I needed to go to bed early — which I now recognize as a prompting from God to prepare me for a joyful, although sleepless, night. So, I went to bed around 7pm and woke up to terrible gas pains at about 9:15pm. After using the bathroom, I hoped the pain would stop and moved to go back to bed when I got hit with another bout of pains. I told my husband I was going to go sit in the living room since sleep was unlikely with the aching I was having. The pains were primarily in...

Back to Church

 I went to church for the first time in many months and it was lovely. With my difficult pregnancy and being freshly postpartum, it has probably been about 8 months since I've been able to attend church (in person, at least). It was so good to be able to partake of the sacrament, hear the thoughts and lessons shared, and meet new people—since this was also the first time in our new area since moving when our baby was 3 weeks old.      The lesson was meant to be about being mindful of each other, finding God in all of our experiences, and seeing how He uses our lives and circumstances to bring us closer to Him—and we did talk about that—but I also noticed how so many things shared were about parenting. It was the perfect lesson to return to, since my whole life now revolves around my parenthood. A sister shared that parenting is often hard and overwhelming, until she remembers that these little children are God's, not just hers, and they were placed with her so she c...

Almost A Mom

 I was almost a mom, kind of. I think Seth and I have a baby in heaven now, at least. Last week, I should have gotten my period and took a test which resulted in a positive. The next day was negative. I decided to take a break for a few days, but on Saturday the 25th, I felt in my heart and soul that I was pregnant. Symptoms from me and my husband made me believe it, but more than that it was like a spiritual knowledge that my baby was with me at the time. On the 26th, we got our solid positive test and we were so excited, so we told all of our family members immediately, because I have never understood waiting to tell others.      My birthday was on Monday and it was perfect so we could tell all my family members that were in town. It was wonderful. Because I had suspected from the Wednesday before that I may be pregnant, I purchased a pregnancy journal and some small announcement gifts for them that I figured I could save for the future if I wasn't pregnant. But be...