Skip to main content

What's My Favorite Color???

I am in a state of transition at the moment, I've realized. It's honestly kind of scary, but I'm curious to see what happens. As I'm currently 6 months pregnant, my body is changing of course, but I've noticed a lot more than that changing. 

    For example, and it was the change that made me realize all of this, I'm pretty sure my favorite color is pink now. My favorite color had been purple for years--everyone I know associates me with the moodiness and gravity of a deep purple--but I think I actually prefer shades of pink now. I told my husband about this and he was incredibly surprised! He had just purchased me some pink Gerber daisies and I was noticing how much joy they brought me every time I looked at them because they're beautiful and happy and in bloom! He was glad I was happy, but we're both surprised by this new development!

    This caused me to reflect a bit on myself. I am changing. I am listening to different music and getting sick of what I used to have on my playlist. I'm craving time in nature--I really want to be outside and in the canyons or sitting by the river, but previously, I've been quite the homebody and preferred to be indoors. I want to teach more--in church, in my areas of expertise, to my child--but I've always been terrified of speaking in front of people or sharing too much information and my thoughts. And there's many more things changing that I haven't quite figured out!

    As I'm writing this, my baby is kicking me in the belly button. She's still so small, but she's growing so much and I'm so excited to meet her. Pregnancy has been really hard on me, but I know she will be worth it and I'm so curious about the ways I'm becoming a new person as I bring her here. 

    I'm trying to be intentional as I notice these shifts by staying in touch with God and my body. While creating life, I recognize that I'm as sensitive to the Lord's voice as ever because my baby within me is in a space between heaven and earth. She is a form of direct connection to the Lord and it's so intriguing to think about. It has also made me realize that I will never be more like my Heavenly Parents than in a life creating state like this. And you can't know and become like God and stay the same person as before.

    So, I welcome this change. I want to claim the new identity that the Lord is giving me with love and excitement. I definitely have some anxiety about it, but I know I'm not doing it alone. My husband is also in a state of transition as he becomes a father and graduates from college. We're becoming something more than we've ever been before and there will certainly be growing pains, but knowing that it's happening makes me feel better. I trust that the Lord will guide us through it and bring us to even better things and I love that it will bring me and my husband even closer. Wish us luck on the journey of change. I hope that whatever transitions you're facing come with warmth and goodness in store. Life is incredible, wouldn't you agree? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Birth Story

Birth was one of the most fascinating experiences. I remember most of it, but as my husband could tell you, I was definitely delirious at some points and I don't remember much of the conversations I had then.        It was very fast. From the time my contractions started (that I was aware of) to the time my baby was born was a span of only 6 hours! I labored for 4 hours and pushed for 2 hours. It all happened so rapidly!       3 nights before my scheduled c-section,  I felt that I needed to go to bed early — which I now recognize as a prompting from God to prepare me for a joyful, although sleepless, night. So, I went to bed around 7pm and woke up to terrible gas pains at about 9:15pm. After using the bathroom, I hoped the pain would stop and moved to go back to bed when I got hit with another bout of pains. I told my husband I was going to go sit in the living room since sleep was unlikely with the aching I was having. The pains were primarily in...

Almost A Mom

 I was almost a mom, kind of. I think Seth and I have a baby in heaven now, at least. Last week, I should have gotten my period and took a test which resulted in a positive. The next day was negative. I decided to take a break for a few days, but on Saturday the 25th, I felt in my heart and soul that I was pregnant. Symptoms from me and my husband made me believe it, but more than that it was like a spiritual knowledge that my baby was with me at the time. On the 26th, we got our solid positive test and we were so excited, so we told all of our family members immediately, because I have never understood waiting to tell others.      My birthday was on Monday and it was perfect so we could tell all my family members that were in town. It was wonderful. Because I had suspected from the Wednesday before that I may be pregnant, I purchased a pregnancy journal and some small announcement gifts for them that I figured I could save for the future if I wasn't pregnant. But be...

Things to Add to Your Wedding Registry (That You'll Actually Use)

Now that I have been married for about a year and a half, I have a good idea on what items from our registry were actually helpful and what I wish I had added! So here's a quick list of my favorite 10 items to have as a married couple. I'll include Amazon links that I've gotten from the affiliate program (meaning I would receive a commission if you purchase from these links) so you can get to them easily and see what I've really enjoyed! 1.  A Kitchen Aid Mixe r      I have  loved  having my KitchenAid. They are SO helpful in getting meals prepped, baking, and multitasking with limited counter space. They are a great addition to your kitchen together. 2. Hair Clippers      Learning how to cut your husband's hair is a great way to save money, so hair clippers are a handy investment. Either I or my sister use our hair clippers to cut my husband's hair now, and it's also helpful for any of our friends and family in the area who need a haircut be...