Skip to main content

Joining the Stricklands

 Hi, everyone! This is Aubria Strickland reporting live from our honeymoon in Utah. I just wanted to have a little family blog to document our lives and keep in touch with family. I read my mother in law's blog a few months ago and I adored having all the stories and pictures to look back on. I hope to be able to provide the sane memories for Seth and my children and for our future children in laws and our grandchildren!

    So a brief history on me! My name for 21 years, 3 months, and ~20 days was Aubria Soto. Since May 10, 2024, it has become Aubria Strickland. It's a bizarre change, but I'm excited about it! I have one younger sister, Izzy, and my parents got divorced early this year. It has been a crazy year. Seth and I have been together since September 4, 2023, but we met back in the summertime on Hinge (a dating app, can you believe it?) and thanks to our dear cousin's, we actually met in person. Seth is the greatest blessing I have ever been given other than my life and my faith and I am so grateful to be his wife now.

    Because our journey as a family is just beginning, I wanted to record a few wonderful moments from our wedding day!

    The sealing was lovely. Lots of family came on Seth's side! Some things I remember were that the sealer said my name wrong the first few times (Ah-bree-uh rather than Aw-bree-uh) and I cringed, so he asked for the correction. After we were married and told to kiss, our sealer told us to try again because the first one "wasn't a kiss"! It was hilarious, but I'm glad we were able to correct it. My eyes teared up when we, along with all our family members, gathered together to look into a mirror together, seeing all of the people that had lead to us and picturing our future posterity that will come after was moving. I have never been sealed to anyone, not my parents or my sister, beforehand and it was my greatest achievement and everything I've ever wanted to be sealed to my husband and provide an eternal family for our future kids.

    Seth and I were exhausted because we were both up at 5:30am to prepare for our sealing, so once we finished visiting with family and taking pictures there, we got Panda Express and went home to take a nap! I highly recommend a nap and a good snack on your wedding day, it gives you a much needed energy boost to get through the rest of it!.

    The reception was a blast! Thank you to everyone who came, it was so lovely to see you all. We danced, had food, made new friends, and more! Seth and I raced down the aisle to Daisy Circuit from Mario Kart (I won, thanks to our dear groomsmen who blocked Seth from winning). We then had a little ring ceremony that was perfect--Seth and I exchanged vows that were both genuine and sweet as well as hilarious.

    I loved dancing and playing with all the kids at the reception, they were all so cute and kind! The littlest cousin even saw me dancing with my new husband with a drink in my hand and asked if I wanted her to hold my cup, so she took it to a table and brought it back to me once the dance ended, I could have cried, it was so precious. Izzy and I swing danced through a song and she laid me on the ground after an unsuccessful dip, so I got up laughing and having the best time. I was able to see friends I haven't seen in ages and I'm grateful they came. There was a darling moment where I was getting very warm in my dress and with all the people, so a group of my friends got around me to fan me with plates and their hands. 

    We cut the cake with a dagger one of my bridesmaids let us borrow and I tossed a small bouquet that a sweet little cousin caught! Some of the little girls asked if we could try it again and I was sorry to say we couldn't, but the night had to go on. After some more mingling, dancing, and quickly eating some strawberry shortcake, we had a bubble filled exit through a tunnel of all our guests and loved ones to our room at the Bed & Breakfast connected to the reception center! It was a perfect wedding day and I'm so thankful for it all. I'm so blessed to be married to my Seth.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Birth Story

Birth was one of the most fascinating experiences. I remember most of it, but as my husband could tell you, I was definitely delirious at some points and I don't remember much of the conversations I had then.        It was very fast. From the time my contractions started (that I was aware of) to the time my baby was born was a span of only 6 hours! I labored for 4 hours and pushed for 2 hours. It all happened so rapidly!       3 nights before my scheduled c-section,  I felt that I needed to go to bed early — which I now recognize as a prompting from God to prepare me for a joyful, although sleepless, night. So, I went to bed around 7pm and woke up to terrible gas pains at about 9:15pm. After using the bathroom, I hoped the pain would stop and moved to go back to bed when I got hit with another bout of pains. I told my husband I was going to go sit in the living room since sleep was unlikely with the aching I was having. The pains were primarily in...

Almost A Mom

 I was almost a mom, kind of. I think Seth and I have a baby in heaven now, at least. Last week, I should have gotten my period and took a test which resulted in a positive. The next day was negative. I decided to take a break for a few days, but on Saturday the 25th, I felt in my heart and soul that I was pregnant. Symptoms from me and my husband made me believe it, but more than that it was like a spiritual knowledge that my baby was with me at the time. On the 26th, we got our solid positive test and we were so excited, so we told all of our family members immediately, because I have never understood waiting to tell others.      My birthday was on Monday and it was perfect so we could tell all my family members that were in town. It was wonderful. Because I had suspected from the Wednesday before that I may be pregnant, I purchased a pregnancy journal and some small announcement gifts for them that I figured I could save for the future if I wasn't pregnant. But be...

Things to Add to Your Wedding Registry (That You'll Actually Use)

Now that I have been married for about a year and a half, I have a good idea on what items from our registry were actually helpful and what I wish I had added! So here's a quick list of my favorite 10 items to have as a married couple. I'll include Amazon links that I've gotten from the affiliate program (meaning I would receive a commission if you purchase from these links) so you can get to them easily and see what I've really enjoyed! 1.  A Kitchen Aid Mixe r      I have  loved  having my KitchenAid. They are SO helpful in getting meals prepped, baking, and multitasking with limited counter space. They are a great addition to your kitchen together. 2. Hair Clippers      Learning how to cut your husband's hair is a great way to save money, so hair clippers are a handy investment. Either I or my sister use our hair clippers to cut my husband's hair now, and it's also helpful for any of our friends and family in the area who need a haircut be...