Skip to main content

Things to Add to Your Wedding Registry (That You'll Actually Use)

Now that I have been married for about a year and a half, I have a good idea on what items from our registry were actually helpful and what I wish I had added! So here's a quick list of my favorite 10 items to have as a married couple. I'll include Amazon links that I've gotten from the affiliate program (meaning I would receive a commission if you purchase from these links) so you can get to them easily and see what I've really enjoyed!

1. A Kitchen Aid Mixer

     I have loved having my KitchenAid. They are SO helpful in getting meals prepped, baking, and multitasking with limited counter space. They are a great addition to your kitchen together.

2. Hair Clippers

    Learning how to cut your husband's hair is a great way to save money, so hair clippers are a handy investment. Either I or my sister use our hair clippers to cut my husband's hair now, and it's also helpful for any of our friends and family in the area who need a haircut because we can loan it to them our cut their hair ourselves! It's a good community builder and a must-have in my opinion.

3. Clippercide Spray

    In addition to the hair clippers, Clippercide spray is good to have to clean and lubricate your clippers! After each haircut, hold your clippers upside down and spray, then let it run upside down for about a minute to make sure the spray gets into all the nooks and crannies of the blades. Don't forget to also clean all the hair our of the clipper attachments!

4. Cast Iron Skillets

    Cast Iron, I have learned, is one of the best kitchen tools you can have. You can make so many meals in them, they last forever (if you take care of them), and they are one of the best options to reduce toxic chemicals leeching into your food. I love my current cast iron and I want more! 

5. A Water Proof Blanket

    A waterproof blanket is helpful for a couple of reasons. It can help protect your bed, couch, or whatever surface from various fluids and hairs. It's perfect for intimacy, having food or drinks, keeping pet hair off of things, and even protecting a mattress from baby/child bodily fluids if you need! We love our waterproof blanket and we use it all the time. Highly recommend!

6. A Sound Machine

    I absolutely adore my sound machine. I've had it since before I was married, but I think it has been even more helpful since being married. It can assist the adjustment to sleeping with another person by distracting from any noises your partner might make in the night. If you have roommates, it can also help you sleep through the night with them making noise in the other rooms. It's truly one of my very favorite Amazon products and I have purchased this one as a gift for people several times.

7.  A Vacuum

    Don't underestimate the power of a good vacuum! There were many times at the beginning of our marriage that I asked neighbors and friends to borrow their vacuums because I needed one and didn't have one. You don't realize how important they are until you have your own place and see the dust and grime of living build up on your floor with no way to clean it up effectively.

8. A Fire-safe Lock Box 

    These are smart to have for all of your important documents in case of a fire, flood, or some other event that could damage them. It's also really nice to have one that not only protects all of your documents, but keeps them organized so you don't need to tear the box apart looking for one paper. This is a great item to add to your registry or just to purchase yourself! 

9. A Good Blender

    Similar to the KitchenAid and the vacuum, this is an excellent addition to your house because you can use it for so many things, it saves you time and space, and you don't know how often you need one until you don't have one. We actually have a smaller blender, but I wish it was closer to the size of this Ninja Blender included in the link because I can never get as much of a recipe as I want. It's also great for meal prepping smoothies, mixes, and more!

10. Pregnancy Tests 

    While it might seem weird or scary to have pregnancy tests when you might not be trying to have kids soon, they're good to have on hand. Even the most effective forms of contraception have some amount of wiggle room where you could get pregnant. And if you are trying to have a baby soon into your marriage, then lots of pregnancy tests available to you can also be helpful!

 

I hope this list can give you some ideas. I have really appreciated having all of these items throughout our marriage. If you're curious about more products that I have used in my journey as a newer wife, let me know! I'd be happy to share. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Birth Story

Birth was one of the most fascinating experiences. I remember most of it, but as my husband could tell you, I was definitely delirious at some points and I don't remember much of the conversations I had then.        It was very fast. From the time my contractions started (that I was aware of) to the time my baby was born was a span of only 6 hours! I labored for 4 hours and pushed for 2 hours. It all happened so rapidly!       3 nights before my scheduled c-section,  I felt that I needed to go to bed early — which I now recognize as a prompting from God to prepare me for a joyful, although sleepless, night. So, I went to bed around 7pm and woke up to terrible gas pains at about 9:15pm. After using the bathroom, I hoped the pain would stop and moved to go back to bed when I got hit with another bout of pains. I told my husband I was going to go sit in the living room since sleep was unlikely with the aching I was having. The pains were primarily in...

Almost A Mom

 I was almost a mom, kind of. I think Seth and I have a baby in heaven now, at least. Last week, I should have gotten my period and took a test which resulted in a positive. The next day was negative. I decided to take a break for a few days, but on Saturday the 25th, I felt in my heart and soul that I was pregnant. Symptoms from me and my husband made me believe it, but more than that it was like a spiritual knowledge that my baby was with me at the time. On the 26th, we got our solid positive test and we were so excited, so we told all of our family members immediately, because I have never understood waiting to tell others.      My birthday was on Monday and it was perfect so we could tell all my family members that were in town. It was wonderful. Because I had suspected from the Wednesday before that I may be pregnant, I purchased a pregnancy journal and some small announcement gifts for them that I figured I could save for the future if I wasn't pregnant. But be...